Saturday, January 25, 2014

Close To My Heart Autumn Album Retreat -- Real Life Story Layout


This is one of my favorite layouts of all time for many reasons!

Again...I LOVE CIRCLES!

I LOVE THE JOURNALING!

I LOVE THE FLOW!

I LOVE FISHING IN CANADA WITH MY FAMILY!

There is not a thing that I don't LOVE about this layout!



I have been going to Canada fishing with my family since I was 2.

That is almost 35 years of fishing trips.

My parents have always taken my sister and I up to the same resort around the same time of June every year.

There is no TV or Internet.

We fish, play cards, read books, play board games and get to enjoy each other's company for a full week.

I look extremely forward to this trip EVERY year, and now it is EXTRA SPECIAL because I am able to share this experience with my kids.

They, too, LOVE going up to the cabin at Pine Point Resort in Upsala, Ontario!

IT'S JUST TRADITION!


Tips & Techniques for This Layout: 
* Use a base page of a mini album for journaling on a 12" x 12" layout
* Add in simple circle shapes to give layout variety in flow and form
* Look at photo mats from various themes and use them thoughout projects; many photo mats, overlays, and elements live on a theme-specific key, but are basic and can be used on anything
* Repeat the same shapes in different papers and sizes to create a cohesive look
* Use Cricut Craft Room (CCR) to create mats in sizes that fall between measurements in real dial size
* Use a stamp to create your own background & texture paper
* Create a cluster using different elements, paper, fibers, and embellishments
* Cut one overlay in half and use a piece on each page


Close To My Heart Products Used in This Layout:
 Artbooking Cricut Collection (Z1906) -- $99.00
Frosted Paper Packet (X7175B) -- $9.95
Sarita Paper Pack (X7171B) -- $9.95
Reel Life Stamp Set (B1431) -- $9.95
All the Details Stamp Set (D1555) -- $17.95
3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) -- $5.95
Sparkles Clear Assortment (Z1752) -- $2.95

(Sparkle & Shine Paper Pack -- Now Retired)

Cardstock Used -- Whisper, Smoothie, Ruby, White Daisy, and Black

Inks Used -- Black and Whisper


Previous Autumn Album Retreat 2013 Layouts:
1st Layout -- Hello World
2nd Layout -- The Sweet Life


To Purchase Any of These Great CTMH Products
Click on the Shopping Cart!



post signature

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Your pages look nice. This was probably my favorite layout from the last Album Retreat. It was time-consuming to create, but certainly worth it in the end.

Keeley Kirwan said...

I agree Sheila...it took a lot more time to create than I thought it would by originally looking at the picture of it. I hope they do another Album Retreat in 2015. I attended both the Spring and Fall one and loved them!!